I love this season

I love this season
"For everything there is a season..." Eccl. 3:1

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The gift of sisterhood



You may have heard it said that everyone needs a Paul, a Barnabas, and a Timothy in their life.  Today I was able to meet with some of my Barnabas friends for a few hours; I always walk away refreshed.  I probably talked way too much…but we all need sisters to listen and furthermore, to intercede for us.

I am grateful for sisters in Christ that I can do life alongside.  We meet monthly for a few hours in one another’s homes.  We share our hearts and ask for prayer.  Afterwards, we actutally spend time praying together aloud as the Lord leads.

This time is very real.  For that I am grateful.  I need real.  Why? 

Kay Arthur says,    “A healthy relationship is one that’s open.  Things are not buried, covered up, ignored, or denied, because when they are, decay sets in—putrefaction.”  

Women benefit from sisterhood.  Personally, I glean much from those around the circle.  Many are either in a similar season or have walked through the season of life I find myself in. 

My sisters and I talk about being a daughter of Christ, daughters, wives, mothers, etc.  We celebrate what God is doing, we believe God together, we listen, we share in confidence our struggles, we encourage with scripture, we pray together, and when our time together is up…I leave confident knowing my sisters are praying for me until we meet again the following month.

Thankful for you, Staff Wives!  Thankful for a Pastor’s Wife who carves out time to rally the troups and to be a Paul to us Timothys.  She walks beside us in our process of maturity in the faith.  I know she prays for me and for the others.  She is truly an encouragement to my faith as are the women around the circle.  I don’t take the blessing of having these times with my sisters lightly. 

If you are looking for a Paul or a Barnabas, maybe even a Timothy check out the new Sherwood’s women’s ministry LINK on the www.sherwoodbaptist.net website.  

1 Thes. 2:8 that the LINK ministry uses, “We cared so much for you that we were pleased to share with you not only the gospel of God buy also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.”

I love sharing my life with my sisters in Christ at Sherwood, in this community, and around the globe.  We are in this together, may we be found faithful with the lives the Lord's given us. 
Every life counts, and God has a plan for not only my life, but for yours.  It's an exciting adventure and takes a daily dependance on Him.  I can not do this life in my own strength and grateful He has provided me with Jesus, the Holy Spirit, His Word, a direct line to Him through prayer, and friends who follow Christ. 
He has not left us to do life alone.  He lives.  He is our living hope..."Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to aLIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."  1 Peter 1:3 

To encourage any sweet sisters in Christ reading....Phil. 1:6 reminded me today, “I am sure of this, He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” HE WILL CARRY out the good work HE BEGAN in me...and in you...until the END...AMEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment