I love this season

I love this season
"For everything there is a season..." Eccl. 3:1

Friday, April 20, 2012

Reflections from April





Confession...I was clueless about what ALL being a Mommy entailed prior to being a Mommy... and I have a feeling that much of this is on-the-job-training.  I am learning that with the sweet moments come the unexpected and the challenging...but being a Mommy is not for the faint at heart.  Being a Mommy is one of the greatest joys of my life...yet one of the most exhausting tasks I have ever been assigned...thankfully, the Lord gives me renewed strength...continually!!! 


The past three days I have awakened to sweet cooing coming from Chaney's crib. I have always heard you know a baby is well rested when they wake up cooing and not fussy. Caleb rested plenty of 12 hour nights but never woke up cooing...I am convinced my little girl has the gift of gab already!

This week Caleb's been popping out new words like, "diaper" (pronounced...die-purr by Caleb), "trees," "love you"...aw...let me just stop there! "Love you?!" Next to Caleb speaking the name of Jesus and saying, "Amen," I love hearing him recipricate in an understandabale (at least to me), "I love you."

It's been probably since birth that someone told me he favored me, but at dinner last night a sweet woman I had never met said, "You look just like your Mommy." (LOVE IT!)

Last week's demonstrative loving gesture occured when Caleb initiated eskimo kissing me (rubbing his nose gently across mine)!

TMI paragraph that some may want to skip over, but is a very real part of motherhood: 

Wednesday's ridiculously gross moment occurred right after little Chaney filled her diaper. Caleb gave me a hug, wrapping himself around my leg as we began walking to change Chaney. Caleb shows me his hand...like he was wanting me to get something from him...(he has been pretending at times to give me things...and I thought he was pretending)...upon closer examination...he was not pretending...he had a tiny bit of what was filling Sissy's dirty diaper on his fingers! I noticed it was all over me, and her....what a blowout...not to mention...it was a double whammy as they did the double number on me by going simulateously.  That's what happens when you have two under two in diapers, I guess.  They really are in sync with one another...ha ha.  While we are talking diaper duty...my favorite public restroom diaper changing station is located in the back of my yukon, with my tailgate up....South Georgia style. 

The mystery I am still trying to solve happened around Easter. Someone left a couple of anonymous Easter baskets on our mailbox...I assumed it was Nona and Poppy Griner from across the street...so I brought the baskets in & we chowed down on the candy and enjoyed playing with the toys...we even took pictures and texted them to Nona & Poppy G. I didn't hear back from her, but when I came home the following day, there were two Easter baskets from Nona and Poppy Griner. I called a couple of people I guessed it could've been...nope. So...if you are reading...THANKS! I loved the Easter candy just as much as Caleb and your kind act was so very thoughtful. It's a blessing when people love on my kids.

I didn't have moon pies on my grocery list until recently.  Caleb, who really doesn't enjoy eating, very much, at all, LOVED the moon pies from the anonymous Easter basket! He ate the entire moon pie all at once! My friend told me last night at Wednesday night supper that moon pies are what they throw at Mardi Gras in Mobile! Hmmm. My babies were born in Mobile. Maybe birth mommy loved some moon pies during pregnancy? I wonder if the person who left the Easter basket intended to put a Mobile Moon Pie in the basket?

One of the highlights of my daily outings is seeing other moms of toddlers on their outings. It reminds me that I am not in this brief fun, exhausting season alone. I have learned a wave between mom of toddlers is like an encouraging..."keep up the good work, mommy of toddlers, you will perservere." I have even had a stranger mommy of preschoolers stop me in Walmart and encourage me with, "it gets easier."  I still ponder that comment...teenage years are right around the corner.


I love seeing my children smile at me, at their daddy, at one another, and others. They light up my life.

During this brief season of my life, I recall often that He has been faithful to fill our home with the tiny pitter patter of growing baby boy feet and the precious cooing of my baby girl.  May I be found faithful with the precious lives He's entrusted to me to mother.

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above."  James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment