I love this season

I love this season
"For everything there is a season..." Eccl. 3:1

Friday, June 3, 2011

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Prov. 17:22

What a journey it is!  I can't get over His faithfulness!  His gift of Caleb's laughter today in particular.

Psalm 113:9, "He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD."

I totally love when the everyday moments of motherhood point me back to Christ. 

Today, Caleb and I were playing at the end of a long day while Daddy was at work with one of those cheap-o dollar rubber balls from Walmart, and it was one of those moments. 

We had been pushing the ball back and forth to each other...which I am amazed he can do at this age...and I threw the ball in the air...this turned his giggle box upside down!  I LOVED it!  I kept on and on...being sure to give him time to breathe in between...lol...as a careful mom would...but that laughter...in our home...is such a gift...a moment I had prayed for.

We began reading later...a book that I read many times as a child at my great grandma's house...Richard Scary's Nursery Rhymes...the story of the 3 bears...and something about how I impersonated Daddy Bear's voice..."someone has been sleeping in my bed"...and so on...turned that giggle box AGAIN, as we laid our head on the boppy together, reading and laughing together!  Precious answers to prayers! 

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."  Proverbs 17:22


Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of mothering Caleb, and for the laughter he's brought into our home, our hearts, and lives. 

The Message says it this way, "He gives childless couples a family, gives them joy as the parents of children. Hallelujah!"

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable video! He is SOOOO tickled by you tossing that ball. I am thankful for these wonderful moments in your life.

    Thank you for sharing Ps 113:9. :-) Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you three!! God is so faithful!! We think of and pray for you often! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Traci...this made me laugh and cry. God is good. He is always good.
    Kathy Litton

    ReplyDelete